Welcome to another edition of English Corner, my name is Rifki Kusmana. A more few inspirational articles came out in Indonesian, so I decided to translate them into English again for all to enjoy.
When you hear the word hijrah, what comes to mind? The following is the definition of hijrah according to the Dictionary:
- (n) the transfer of the Prophet Muhammad SAW. along with some of his followers from Mecca to Medina to save themselves and so on from the pressure of the Quraysh infidels
- (v) move or step aside for a while from one place to another better for certain reasons (safety, kindness, etc.): he — to Japan to continue his education
- (n) change (attitude, behavior, etc.) for the better
If it is concluded, then hijrah is a change of a thing (behavior/nature) for the better. And what we will discuss today is hijrah in the form of our behavior as His creatures.
Friends Have you ever felt like a better person from one day to the next? Try to remember what your best friend did yesterday and today!
Is today better than yesterday? If today is better than yesterday then be grateful, but if otherwise then repent.
Isn’t our life in this world only temporary? There is eternal life after life in this world, namely the afterlife which always awaits and is always close to pick up all the people who live in this world.
Surely we as human beings who believe in the afterlife, then we should Hijrah.
If you’re still lazy to pray, Hijrah! Hijrah by performing the minimum prayers for the 5 daily obligatory prayers that you can’t ignore, thanks for adding the sunnah prayers. Because the obligatory prayer is the staple food of the soul of every human being, while the sunnah prayer is the vitamin.
If you are still lazy to read the Koran, then Hijrah! Hijrah by approaching his words, God willing, the soul will be calmer in chatting with His words which can become intercessors in Yaumil at the end of the day.
If at this time there is still a grudge against the person who hurt your heart, then Hijrah! Hijrah by forgiving him, because revenge is not something that should be kept like a pet. Forgiveness will be more reassuring to your soul, will make you happier.
And there are many more of our behaviors as humans that must continue to be updated in a better direction every day.
Don’t be tired to emigrate to reach His blessing.
By: Susi Susanti – Indonesian Teacher
A person performs an act solely hoping to please Allah SWT. According to Sufism experts, sincerity is a valid condition for worship. If charity is the body, then sincerity is the soul. Someone who is sincere in doing actions, goals, ideals and practices solely for the sake of Allah SWT, then he will always be with him.
According to the Indonesian Dictionary (KBBI) the word sincere means clean heart, honest heart. In terms of human relations, sincerity is giving help with sincerity. Meanwhile, sincerity means an honesty or willingness.
In Islam, as quoted from the book Ikhlas by Dr. Umar Sulaiman al-Asygar sincerity is the only purpose of worship. Sincerity is the teaching on which all the messengers of Allah SWT were sent. Sincerity is the core of the preaching of the apostles.
In Al-Quran surah al-Bayyinah verse 5 as follows:
وَمَآ اُمِرُوْٓا اِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُوا اللّٰهَ لِصِيْنَ لَهُ الدِّيْنَ حُنَفَاۤءَ ا الصَّلٰوةَ ا الزَّكٰوةَ لِكَ الْقَيِّمَةِۗ
“Even though they were only ordered to worship Allah sincerely and obey Him solely because of (practicing) religion, and also to perform prayers and pay zakat; and that is the straight (true) religion.”
Sincere orders are found firmly. The basis for sincere intentions is the hadith:
إنَّمَا الأعمَال النِّيَّاتِ ا لِكُلِّ امريءٍ ا انَتْ لى اللهِ لِهِ لى لِهِ انَتْ ا ل
“Indeed, the deed depends on the intention, indeed for a person (doing the deed) according to what he intended. Whoever emigrated to Allah and His Messenger, then he emigrated to Allah and His Messenger, and whoever emigrated to the world he would get it or to the woman they marry, then his emigration was to that which he intended.” (Narrated by Bukhari).
This hadith explains that every practice really depends on the intention. And everyone will get a reward for what he intended. The reward is very noble when someone intends to be sincere for Allah, in contrast to someone who intends to do charity just because he is chasing the world like chasing women.
However, to create a sense of sincerity in the heart is not an easy thing. Here are some ways to achieve sincerity that can help increase sincerity in the heart.
Pray a lot
The way that can help a servant to be sincere is to pray a lot to Allah SWT. We can see how our Prophet Muhammad SAW, among the prayers he often said was prayer:
اَللّهُمَّ أَنْ أُشْرِكَ ا لَمُ لِمَا لاَ لَمُ
“O Allah, I seek protection from You from associating partners with You while I know it, and I seek forgiveness for acts of shirk that I did not know about.” (HR. Ahmad).
Quoted from muslim.or.id, Umar bin Khattab also often said a prayer like the following, “O Allah, make all my deeds a pious deed, make all my deeds just because I sincerely hope for your face, and don’t make any of my deeds because of people other.”
Hide Good Charity
Another way that can encourage someone to be more sincere is to hide their good deeds. A person can hide good deeds that are prescribed and more important, such as sunnah prayers, sunnah fasting, and others. Good deeds that are done without the knowledge of others can encourage sincerity, because no one encourages them to do such good except for the sake of Allah alone.
The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said in a hadith:
عَنْ أَبِيْ هُرَيْرَةَ رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ : سَبْعَةٌ يُظِلُّهُمُ اللهُ فِيْ ظِلِّهِ يَوْمَ لَا ظِلَّ إِلَّا ظِلُّهُ: اَلْإِمَامُ الْعَادِلُ، وَشَابٌّ نَشَأَ بِعِبَادَةِ اللهِ ، وَرَجُلٌ قَلْبُهُ مُعَلَّقٌ فِي الْـمَسَاجِدِ ، وَرَجُلَانِ تَحَابَّا فِي اللهِ اِجْتَمَعَا عَلَيْهِ وَتَفَرَّقَا عَلَيْهِ ، وَرَجُلٌ دَعَتْهُ امْرَأَةٌ ذَاتُ مَنْصِبٍ وَجَمَالٍ ، فَقَالَ : إِنِّيْ أَخَافُ اللهَ ، وَرَجُلٌ تَصَدَّقَ بِصَدَقَةٍ فَأَخْفَاهَا حَتَّى لَا تَعْلَمَ شِمَالُهُ مَا تُنْفِقُ يَمِيْنُهُ ، وَرَجُلٌ ذَكَرَ اللهَ خَالِيًا فَفَاضَتْ عَيْنَاهُ
“Seven groups that Allah will shade on the day when there is no shade other than His shade are just leaders, youths who grow up in obedience to Allah, men whose hearts are always tied to the mosque, two those who love for the sake of Allah, meet and part because of Him, a man who is invited to commit adultery by a woman who is beautiful and has a position, but she says: verily I fear Allah, a person who gives charity and hides his alms until his left hand does not know what which is spent by his right hand and someone who remembers Allah in his own time until his tears fall.” (Narrated by Bukhari Muslim).
Looking down on Charity
Among the calamities experienced by a servant is when he feels satisfied with the good deeds he has done, which in the end this can drag him into acts of ujub (pride) so that it can damage the sincerity in his heart.
The more committed a person is to a good deed, the smaller and more damaged the sincerity of that deed will be. In fact, the reward for the good deeds can be lost in vain.
Sa’id bin Jubair once said, “There are people who enter heaven because of immoral acts and there are people who go to hell because of their good deeds”. Asked him “How did that happen?”. He replied, “A person commits an immoral act, he is always afraid of Allah’s punishment due to this immoral act, so he meets Allah and Allah forgives his sins because of his fear, while there is someone who does good deeds, he is always proud of his deeds. then he met Allah in such a state, then Allah put him in hell.”
The mother of the Koran
Surah al-Fatihah is the greatest surah, the first surah in the Qur’an, as the opening of the existing suras.
Here are some important lessons from this great surah:
- It is called surah al-Fatihah because the Koran begins with it, the meaning of al-Fatihah is the opening, and has other names such as al-Matsny which is repeated, because it is read every rak’ah of prayer, it also has the name
- Bismillahirrahmanirrahim is read at the beginning of every surah except at-Taubah. Then Ar-Rahman is one of the names of Allah Ta’ala who gives His mercy to all creatures, and ar-Rahim is also one of His names who gives His special mercy to the believers.
- Alhamdulillah robbil ‘Alamin, perfect praise belongs only to Him for His infinite blessings, visible and invisible blessings, worldly blessings, Islamic favors, or the hereafter, the Lord who is the Creator, the Most Ruler, and the All-Powerful over all nature. his creatures).
- Malikiyaumiddin, Allah the Exalted, the Owner of the Day of Judgment, specifically mentions the Day of Judgment in this surah, so that everyone who reads it remembers the Day of Judgment, the Day of Judgment and always prepares himself for that day with the best provisions.
- Iyyaka na’budu waiyyaka nasta’in, only to Allah Ta’ala we worship/worship, and only to Him we ask for help in all our affairs, this verse also reminds us not to commit shirk where we only worship Him, not Him, and also as a medicine for not riya ‘, ujub, arrogant, and other heart diseases.
- Ihdinash shirathal mustaqim, ask Allah Ta’ala for guidance istiqomah in This Islamic religion, this guidance is divided into 3:
a. Hidayah irsyad.
Ask Him to always show His straight path, namely the path of istiqomah.
b. Taufiq’s guidance.
Ask Him to always give taufiq to us in His way.
c. Hidayah tatsbit.
Ask Him to always be consistent in His ways.
- The path of istiqomah is the path of those whom Allah has bestowed upon them various blessings, namely the Prophets, the shiddiq (honest people), the martyrs, and the pious people as interpreted in Surah an-Nisa verse to- 69, and it is they who have knowledge and practice their knowledge.
- Ghairil maghdubi, it is not the path of wrath, namely the path of the Jews and those who follow their path, knowledgeable but not doing good.
- Waladdhollin, nor is it a misguided path, namely the path of Christians and anyone who follows their path, doing charity without knowledge. amen this is not a verse from al-Fatihah.
Another name for Surah Al-Fatihah
There are various other names of Surah al-Fatihah, the most commonly heard are Ummul Kitab, Ummul Quran, or Surah Hamdalah, as narrated from Abu Hurairah, “(Surat) alhamdulillah (Al Fatihah) is ummul qur’an, ummul book and as sab’ul matsani” (HR Tirmidhi)
Other names, including the following.:
1. As-Sab’ul Matsani or the seven repeated verses
This other name refers to Surah al-Hijr: 87, “Indeed, We have given you seven verses that are read over and over again and the great Qur’an”.
2. Ash-Shifa or healer or antidote
Narrated from Abu Said al-Khudri, it is stated that, “Al Fatihah is the antidote to all poisons” (H.R. Tirmizi)
3. Ar-Ruqyah Narrated from Abu Said al-Khudri, the companions met a resident of a village, whose ruler was stung by an animal (a scorpion) and had a fever. The villagers asked if any of the friends could meruqyah. One of them came forward and meruqyah the village official with the reading of Surah al Fatihah. When it was narrated to the Prophet, the Messenger of Allah replied, “How do you know Al-Fatihah is ruqyah?”
Source: Muhammad Azzam Siddqi’s Friday Sermon
And that’s it for today’s English Corner, I hope you have enjoyed this article and I hope to see you again, someday, Thank you for reading.